ACT/SAT Prep Workshops
Join our team of professional, veteran tutors who will give you the strategies, and confidence to boost your scores.
All sessions include a 30-minute review of the previous lesson and a free practice test and assessment. Enrolled students also receive a 10% discount at the Cafe.
The free practice test, for those who desire to take it, can be taken at the cafe (by appointment) or on-line at the Khan Academy. Taken before the first class, it can give the tutors additional insights into the needs of each student. Taking the test in person is the best way to simulate actual test conditions.
The appointed tutors have access to the result and will share their evaluations with you.
The Math SAT has 4 sections. Students get sub-scores in three of these four sections, so our Math SAT 7 Week Prep Class Series includes:
- Heart of Algebra: Linear Equations — Word Problems, Graphs, and Speed – Tues. March 19th 6:30 – 8:30pm
- Heart of Algebra: Systems of Equations and Inequalities – Tues. March 26th 6:30 – 830pm
- Problem Solving and Data Analysis: Rates and Proportions – Tues. April 2nd 6:30 – 8:30pm
- Problem Solving and Data Analysis: Scatterplots and Probability – Tues. April 9th 6:30 – 8:30pm
- Passport to Advanced Math: Exponents and Polynomials – Tues. April 16th 6:30 – 8:30pm
- Passport to Advanced Math: Functions, Transformations, and Quadratic Equations – Tues. April 23rd 6:30 – 8:30pm
- Additional Topics: Geometry, Trigonometry, and Imaginary Number – Tues. April 30th 6:30 – 8:30pm
English – 6 Week Prep Class Series includes:
- Conventions of Punctuation – Sat. March 23rd – 10:00am-12:00pm
- Conventions of Usage – Sat. March 30th – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Sentence Structure – Sat. April 6th – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Effective language use – Sat. April 13th – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Development – Sat. April 20th – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Organization – Sat. April 27th – 10:00am – 12:00pm
SAT Exam on May 4, 2019
Cost: $150 per 2 hour session – Includes Free Practice test and assessment
The entire series is 13 sessions $1950 + $24 SAT Book
Our workshops, run by a team of professional, veteran tutors, will teach the strategies and confidence needed to optimize individual test scores.
We offer several different cost-effective packages, tailored to individual needs:
- Sign up for English or Math only and receive $100 off
- Sign up for the entire series and receive $200 off
Students tutoring receive 10% discount at the Cafe
Call or email for more information:
Email: [email protected]
Schedule your appointment
Please fill out the form with your name, contact information, and a message with the following:
- Your requested dates and times for tutoring.
- Information on the subjects/course work you would like to cover.
- Any specific needs you might have.